Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In love with a chicken.

Well, ok…not in love with a chicken per se. More like in love with chicken prepared a certain way. From a certain establishment. Yeah, yeah…I know. Get to the point already. The point is, recently I found a place that makes chicken. Just chicken. You’re probably thinking, yeah right, they only serve chicken…that will never work. Well, it does. And it works wonderfully.

Okay, they do make a few other things. French fries, garlic bread, sauce for dipping, coleslaw, lemonade and iced tea to be exact. Basically chicken enhancements. If you’re into that sorta thing. Which I’m not. I am into all sorts of things most people don’t want to know about, but this isn’t one of them. I like my chicken…at least this chicken…unadulterated. Well, except for the sauce they serve with it. Without that it just wouldn’t be the same.

Now you probably want to know the name of this place, maybe where it is. Well, too bad! It’s my secret and it will die with me! Muahahaha! Ok, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…it’s actually a fast food restaurant. The name of said restaurant is Raising Cane’s. Right now they have locations in 14 states, mostly in the south. Click here to see if yours is one. We are lucky enough to have several of these bastions of chicken goodness in our city. If you aren’t as lucky…well, perhaps it’s time to move.

The actual location I patronize has been there a while, at least a few years. I have actually been to the restaurants on either side of the building. I have noticed it and thought, They only sell chicken fingers? and It’s named after a dog? Really?, and driven right on by. I don’t remember exactly what eventually persuaded me to try it, but am I ever glad it did. Ever since that first bite of chicken, I have been hooked. I think maybe it’s the sauce. I can’t find out what’s in it, but I’m convinced it must be some sort of addictive substance. Like, well…um…kettle chips. What!?! They’re addictive! Okay, so maybe not the best example.

Anyway, you should get thee to a Raising Cane’s location near you and judge for yourself. I personally have never been a huge chicken finger fan. I don’t ever order them at other restaurants. Of course at Cane’s I don’t have a choice. That’s all they sell. Except for those chicken enhancements.

No comments:

Post a Comment